LandWorks offer full design, planting, installation & maintenance of green roof and living walls. The general aim of our projects is to provide a high quality assurance approach to construction and maintenance of both systems.
Green Roof and Living Walls are a positive component for the challenges of urban living and urban climate mitigation through the use of plants, both ornamental and edible. There are multiple sustainable environmental, social and economic benefits. It can be applied in residences, commercial, office facilities, and industrial. They are widely used for stormwater management and energy savings, as well as aesthetic benefits.
Green Roof & Living Walls Benefits
- Reductions in energy costs, particularly by lessening thermal loading during warm months
- Stormwater management by reducing impermeable surface area
- Increased longevity of roof and wall membranes by blocking UV rays and preventing extreme surface temperature fluctuations
- Improved air quality since living roofs gather and absorb pollutants
- Reductions in urban heat island effects by cooling the building surfaces
- Contributing to biodiversity
- Adding aesthetic quality and increased quality of life since living roofs and wall have positive impact on people living and working around them
- Increase green space in urban environments